Your Park is getting better! Please notice the new 8 acres of nice level dirt that can make soccer fields when the grass starts to grow.
Also notice the nice walking trails around and through the woods.
We have managed to get the main driveway cold paved by letting the Monroe County Road Commission mix the material for the roads here.
The walking paths to the concession stands will be paved this fall with the cold mix still piled in the parking area.
The latest improvements are the Gates along Sterns Rd., made by Bill Hill. The post holes were drilled by Toledo Caisson. Also filling of holes in the field along Sterns Rd. is new.
There is also a new flag pole donated by Bob and Pat Schnipke.
Most of the improvements you see are a combination of donations and paying for material. The dirt that has been hauled in is at no cost to the township, we just pay to have it leveled.
As most of you know the 14 acres of woods is being managed by Natures Conservancy. They have made great improvements in that area and we put walking trails through the woods for people to enjoy.
We have had some young people from Ohio doing damage to the park. That is why we have had the gates closed for the past few weeks. We are trying to make it more difficult to damage the park. We are applying for a grant to install cameras to catch the vandals.
You may be asking “What can I do to help?” We have many needs however they are mostly for money for specific projects. If you can Help, any amount can be applied to a project, the Park Needs:
1. A Well for Irrigation and Flushing toilets. The cost is about $4000.00
2. Irrigation Equipment $3500.00
3. Flush toilets installed $4000.00
4. Pump and haul Septic system. $3000.00
5. A Pavilion $25,000.00
6. Playground Equipment $60,000.00
7. Soccer field equipment $7500.00
8. Disk Golf Course $12,000.00
9. Parameter Fencing $11,000.00
10. Walking Trails throughout the park. $10,000
11. Fenced Dog area for off leash dog walks $3000.00
12. Lots more Dirt and Grading.
13. Signs to describe what you are seeing of interest in the woods. $2000.00
14. Security Cameras to stop Vandalism.
15. Shade Trees and Gardens
16. Sun Shades for the dugout area for the ball fields.
We know this cannot happen overnight but with a little help from the community and some grants, everyone will be surprised at the progress that can be make. You may want to think about an Endowment to the park or an outright gift to help accomplish the project of your choice.
Whiteford Township Supervisor